Valentine's Day Batik Heart Wreath DIY

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I have a fun and familiar DIY for you! This past holiday season I posted a Holiday Batik Wreath DIY on my blog. It was easy and turned out so great, I made a few for my family. The other day I spotted this heart shaped wreath form while shopping and I couldn't resist! So here I have a Valentine's Day Batik Wreath DIY for you. It follows much of the same steps as the Holiday Batik Wreath. 


You will need:

    Heart shaped wire wreath form - these can be found at JoAnn's, DollarTree, Hobby Lobby, and Amazon
    ~2 yards of fabric, or mix of fabrics adding up to 2 yards in pink and red tones
    Scissors
    Rotary cutter

    Cut your fabric into 1.5 inch x 7 inch strips - this doesn't need to be exact, but you'll need at least 7 inches to be able to tie the strips. A rotary cutter makes this step much easier. I used 9 different colors of my Cotton Batik. Sort your fabric strips by color so you can alternate them when tying.




    Knot the fabric strips around the wire form in an alternating pattern, if using more than one fabric. I tied the colors in pairs so that two of the same color were tied next to each other. 
    Like with the Holiday Batik Wreath, I found that it was easier to start with the inner ring and work outwards. This was much easier for this wreath form because there were only three rings compared to four on the Holiday Batik Wreath. Complete a full ring before moving on, this way you can see which colors you're alternating with on the adjacent ring.




    Continue tying until the wreath form is full to your liking. You can tie the fabric on backwards and twist it around if it's becoming a squeeze.
    After you have completed tying, you may want to trim the fabric to better shape it. It was too difficult to tie shorter lengths of fabric, so to get the best heart shape, you'll need to trim the inner pieces of fabric.




I hope you enjoy this DIY! 

Please comment if you've made this DIY, or let us know on FacebookInstagram, or Pinterest. Email submissions can be sent to info@indobatiks.com . We love seeing how you all put your own creative spin on our DIYs!

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends :)







Comments

Popular Posts