My Travels to Indonesia

I'm so excited about my recent buying trip to Indonesia!

I got to meet up with old friends that I've known for years and meet new batik artists as well. Just being in Indonesia again was a sensational experience and gave me the familiar feeling that I was returning home. 

Here are some of my favorite memories that I'd like to share with you.

I'm reminded of the natural beauty of the tropics every day as I walk past exotic plants like these purple orchids.

These hungry koi nearly jumped out of the water to catch the fish food we tossed in.

This ornately painted becak (pronounced "bay-chock"), no longer used for transportation, now greets guests at this hotel's entrance.

Women play traditional gamelan music for the enjoyment of passers by.

My friend Susi, a batik artist, poses outside her shop.

We decided to take a day off to enjoy a popular spot with Susi - river tubing through caves.

Connecting with a new batik artist who happens to have an amazing front door!

Visiting with a new batik fabric supplier.

I got to meet her whole family too!

Some long-time friends who also make batik fabric.

My friend Yosrie introduced me to the owner of the company.


Showing off some of the fabrics about to be sent back to the U.S.




Getting all the bolts of fabric wrapped up.



Brand new coming this year - our colorful jelly rolls!

 





All packed up and ready to be shipped off to Indonesian Batiks!


Comments

Popular Posts